Recipe by Charlotte J
The neighbor lady would start canning when they bought a beef and did not have enough freezer space. Her beef and noodles had to be the best in the county.
Top Review by 2SpiceItUp
I haven't tried your recipe but I know how good it is! We butcher every year (ourselves) and we always do this. I'm so happy to find that we aren't the only ones. :D This is Yum Yum Yummy!!!! Very versatile also, great in stews and sandwiches, perfect for a quick meal as there is no waiting for your meat to cook.
Directions See How It's Made
- Select meat suited for a roast.
- Trim and wipe with a damp cloth.
- Cut into pieces.
- Pack loosely to within 1 inch of top of jar.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt to each quart jar if desired.
- DO NOT ADD LIQUID.
- Put on cap, screwing band FIRMLY TIGHT.
- Process: using 10 pounds pressure.
- Pints for 75 minutes.
- Quarts for 90 minutes.