Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A poor man's raw oyster recipe!
- 24 fresh mussels
- 1 large onion, cut into thick rings
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar or 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar or 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Wash fresh mussels, open and take out flesh, remove beards.
- Put mussels in bowl with some of their own juice.
- Cut large mussels in half.
- Combine onions, sugar and vinegar with mussels.
- Marinate for 3 hours in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- After three, hours, they are ready to eat.
- Serve them plain, or with lemon wedges, or with seafood sauce for dipping.