Recipe by I'mPat
From Hueys Kitchen. I saw him make this today and thought it to be a simple and refreshing salad. Allow 1 minute for cooking, massaging the salad.
Top Review by KateL
Refreshing surprise! I made half the recipe and we each had a huge salad. We had always loved fennel seeds in our Italian food, but this was our first time with fresh fennel. I wasn't sure what to expect. The fennel added that distinctive anise/licorice flavor to a heavily mushroomed salad. We both remarked that in this salad the salt and pepper were not optional, they were essential to the taste experience. It didn't hurt that I used Grana Padana parmesan cheese, but that was a background flavor. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring Photo Tag.
- 500 g button mushrooms (wiped clean and finely sliced)
- 1 fennel bulb (woody centre removed and finely sliced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (a splash was specified)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)