Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Delicious over anything you want to have a little Pueblo flair - tacos, grilled proteins, veggies or potatoes, even stirred into rice! Adapted from veganmenu.blogspot.com. Enough for 6 burritos or 4 rice dishes.
- 3 tablespoons cacao, nibs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salba seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt (I like using pink Himalayan salt)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons dark raisins, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons raw agave nectar (or raw honey if not vegan)
- In a coffee grinder, grind the cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseed, chia seed, oregano, cumin and salt until fine.
- In a blender (I tried a food processor but it doesn't work as well), combine the cilantro, raisins, red and jalapeño peppers and agave and puree well.
- Add the powdered mixture and puree well.