10 hrs 30 mins
From http://therawchef.blogs.com/russell_james/. This is a wonderful recipe for raw bread! I especially like to use it as a base for raw pizzas or to top with raw bruschetta. So good for you too! Prep time is an estimate. More at bellaraw.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, zucchini, apple, lemon juice, salt and dried herbs in the blender and process well.
- 2Add ground almonds and process again until a batter is formed.
- 3Transfer this mixture into a bowl then mix in the flax meal by hand (according to the website "The reason you do this separately is that you are likely to have too much mixture for the size if the processor at this point, and when you add the flax meal it will become quite heavy and sticky and overwork your machine.").
- 4When mixed, blend the batter the the blender/processor in small batches to achieve a light fluffy consistency.
- 5Divide the mixture in half and place on dehydrator trays lined with Paraflexx sheets (I used parchment paper as I do not have Paraflexx sheets).
- 6Use spatula to spread the mixture evenly on the sheet. Using a knife, score the bread into nine pieces.
- 7Dehydrate for 2 hours and flip and remove Paraflexx sheets.
- 8Dehydrate for about 8 hours more.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Mediterranean Almond Bread
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.3
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 551.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence