Recipe by happybella
From http://therawchef.blogs.com/russell_james/. This is a wonderful recipe for raw bread! I especially like to use it as a base for raw pizzas or to top with raw bruschetta. So good for you too! Prep time is an estimate. More at bellaraw.blogspot.com
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 3 cups finely ground almonds
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons marjoram (or any other herbs you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, zucchini, apple, lemon juice, salt and dried herbs in the blender and process well.
- Add ground almonds and process again until a batter is formed.
- Transfer this mixture into a bowl then mix in the flax meal by hand (according to the website "The reason you do this separately is that you are likely to have too much mixture for the size if the processor at this point, and when you add the flax meal it will become quite heavy and sticky and overwork your machine.").
- When mixed, blend the batter the the blender/processor in small batches to achieve a light fluffy consistency.
- Divide the mixture in half and place on dehydrator trays lined with Paraflexx sheets (I used parchment paper as I do not have Paraflexx sheets).
- Use spatula to spread the mixture evenly on the sheet. Using a knife, score the bread into nine pieces.
- Dehydrate for 2 hours and flip and remove Paraflexx sheets.
- Dehydrate for about 8 hours more.