Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A decadent raw truffle featuring almonds, dates and cocoa powder, and a touch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne.
- 473.18 ml almonds
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder
- 29.58 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12-13 dates, soaked for 15 minutes in water (deglet noor dates, whole pitted unsweetened, you can also sub medjool or other varieties)
- 14.79 ml strong coffee (or coffee liqueur such as Kahlua)
- 14.79 ml date water
- 2.46 ml vietnamese cinnamon
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- Place almonds in a food processor and process until nearly the consistency of almond meal – the pieces should be very fine but stop before it starts to turn to butter.
- Next add cocoa powder, chocolate chips, dates (minus the water) and spices and blend well.
- Add coffee and pulse. Add 1 Tbsp of date water ONLY if your batter isn’t coming together. It should be difficult to process at this point.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and roll into 1-inch balls. They will be sticky but manageable with the warmth of your hands.
- Roll in cocoa or cacao powder (optional) and keep frozen to retain freshness. You can eat them chilled or at room temperature. I preferred them a tad on the warm side as you could taste more of the flavors.