Recipe by Ezri_B
This isn't the creamiest, best tasting macaroni and cheese out there. This is a yummy, super quick casserole, that my family adores. My kids love the pepperoni variation the best. It is easily adapted for your pickiest eater. I have also increased the quantity easily. I add a bit more butter, and noodles. Just be sure the milk comes up to top of noodles. I've never had to increase time. It does rise and could boil over if there isn't enough room in pan.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb grated cheese (of choice)
- 1 quart milk
- handful of frozen vegetables ex. peas (optional) or broccoli (optional)
- handful of cooked meat ex. pepperoni, cut up hotodgs, diced chicken (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a deep baking dish. Stir uncooked noodles in melted butter until well coated. Sprinkle salt and pepper and cheese on noodles. Pour milk on all until it just reaches the top of the noodles. (Do not stir) Bake at 375F for one hour. Do not stir.
- You can add frozen vegetables to the dry noodles and place some meat on top before you bake. Peas, pepperoni, and colby jack cheese is my family's favorite. We've also loved other variations too.