1/5 Photos of Raw Kale Salad With Tahini Dressing
I had some kale salad from my local Ingles grocery store the other day and wanted to make something similar at home. This is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it. The key is to chop up the kale real small. Feel free to put what you want in the salad. The dressing is used in Lebanon to use over fish, felafels, rice, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cups raw kale, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 apple, chopped (I used fuji)
- 1/4 cup craisins (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup carrot, grated (I chopped mine in the food processor)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped (or sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup edamame beans (can also use garbanzo beans-optional)
- 1/4 cup mixed sprouts (of choice-optional-I used clover)
- 1Place all the chopped and grated veggies, nuts, and sprouts in a large bowl. Add the edamame beans and/or garbanzo beans, if using.
- 2Place tahini, water(start with less water and add more to get to desired consistency), lemon juice, garlic, salt and honey in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. This makes about 1 cup.
- 3Add desired amount of dressing to salad and toss to mix.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Kale Salad With Tahini Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 689.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: