Recipe by Sharon123
I had some kale salad from my local Ingles grocery store the other day and wanted to make something similar at home. This is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it. The key is to chop up the kale real small. Feel free to put what you want in the salad. The dressing is used in Lebanon to use over fish, felafels, rice, etc.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Great!!! I knew I would love the tahini sauce because I use it for other salads we enjoy, specifically recipe#149565 and a variation without cucumber and with chickpeas. I used organic green kale, an organic braeburn apple, organic Thompson raisins in place of Craisins for no sugar added, Pakistani pine nuts (real pine nuts) in place of the walnuts which I toasted in a dry pan, greater amount of organic carrot grated, no celery, no beans as I had chikpeas but didn't think they would match too well, tried to buy sprouts but wasn't sure of the kind so I had to leave them out this time, organic tahini, organic freshly squeezed lemon juice, sea salt to taste, organic raw, local honey, plus the water. I want to try this on DH along with a soup.
- 3 -4 cups raw kale, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 apple, chopped (I used fuji)
- 1⁄4 cup craisins (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup carrot, grated (I chopped mine in the food processor)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped (or sliced thin)
- 1⁄2 cup edamame beans (can also use garbanzo beans-optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mixed sprouts (of choice-optional-I used clover)
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (well stirred)
- 1⁄3 cup water (more or less depending on how thin you want your dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (may add a little more to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey (more or less to taste, may use other sweeteners)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the chopped and grated veggies, nuts, and sprouts in a large bowl. Add the edamame beans and/or garbanzo beans, if using.
- Place tahini, water(start with less water and add more to get to desired consistency), lemon juice, garlic, salt and honey in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. This makes about 1 cup.
- Add desired amount of dressing to salad and toss to mix.