1/1 Photo of Raw Kale Salad With Lemon-Honey Vinaigrette
1 hr 10 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This salad is from a local deli / caterer in town, CHOW :D The first time I had it, I was in love with kale. Cooking time is chill time. This is great even the next day. June '13 update: I have made this recipe numerous times by using any nuts & fruit I have on hand. Try using: chopped hazelnuts, combining various fresh fruits with the dried cranberries/ cherries
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bunch kale, stems and ribs removed, torn into bite-sized pieces. I prefer to cut into thin ribbons
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries, dried cherries are my favorite
- 118.29 ml fresh fruit, i.e.. apples, blueberries, pineapple, mango, etc
- 118.29 ml red onion, diced
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds, shelled, I have used other nuts choose your favorite
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1Combine the four salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and toss with the salad. * I like to massage the kale and dressing at this point. Just massage it with both hands for a few minutes. Toss in any additional fruits or berries.
- 3Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving to allow the flavors to develop. Serve and Enjoy!
- 4This is even better the next day and hold up well w/o wilting.
- 5NOTE: Use any type of nut or seed or fresh fruit. Try adding mango, watermelon or blueberries to the mix!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Kale Salad With Lemon-Honey Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.4
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: