From the September 2008 Whole Living Body+Soul magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 14.79 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 bunch baby russian kale, tough stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 70.87 g goat's milk gouda cheese, cut into 1/2 by 1/4 inch pieces
- 6 chives, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 Anjou pear, halved, cored, and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Place walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown, tossing once during baking, 8-10 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add in kale, cheese, chives, walnuts, and pear. Toss to combine.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Kale Salad With Gouda, Pear, and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 167.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar