We received kale in our CSA box the other day and this salad was the result-quickly constructed yesterday to accompany a tofu main dish. I added half raisins and half barberries but you can substitute another dried fruit either alone or in any combination: raisins/golden raisins, dried figs, dried dates, currants, dried cranberries, barberries, dried cherries. Some elements of the dressing were inspired by a recipe found online although I forgot to bookmark where I found it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed, cleaned and cut into ribbons
- scant 1/4 cup raisins
- 29.58-44.37 ml almonds, toasted (sliced or slivered)
- 1Place the kale in a non-reactive bowl.
- 2Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and pour over the kale.
- 3Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- 4Just before serving, taste the vinaigrette and adjust the seasonings if neccessary then stir in the dried fruit and almonds.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Kale Salad With an Asian/Middle Eastern Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar