Recipe by COOKGIRl
We received kale in our CSA box the other day and this salad was the result-quickly constructed yesterday to accompany a tofu main dish. I added half raisins and half barberries but you can substitute another dried fruit either alone or in any combination: raisins/golden raisins, dried figs, dried dates, currants, dried cranberries, barberries, dried cherries. Some elements of the dressing were inspired by a recipe found online although I forgot to bookmark where I found it!
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed, cleaned and cut into ribbons
- scant 1/4 cup raisins
- 29.58-44.37 ml almonds, toasted (sliced or slivered)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil or 29.58 ml grapeseed oil
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml pomegranate syrup
- 9.85 ml maple syrup
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 1.23 ml toasted sesame oil
- 0.29 ml ground cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the kale in a non-reactive bowl.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and pour over the kale.
- Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, taste the vinaigrette and adjust the seasonings if neccessary then stir in the dried fruit and almonds.