Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
http://www.elanaspantry.com/salads/raw-kale-salad/ While the boys were on break during the holidays we got really into kale. My older one prefers his steamed and tops it with umeboshi vinegar and toasted sesame oil. The little one, however, joins us in eating my raw kale concoctions. These raw salads are super healthy, crunchy and quite delicious. We are hooked on them.
- 1 bunch kale
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml celtic sea salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- Chop the kale into thin ribbons (almost like a chiffonade).
- Drizzle the kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Massage the kale with your hands to soften it, then allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, vinegar, onion and orange.
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
Really a good salad as written. My husband and i enjoy it quite a bit. I think a "bunch" of kale is relative. The size of a "bunch" is different store to store. So you just have to use your judgement on the amount of dressing you need to coat the kale. Also, I don.t know that this is enough for 24 servings, they would have to be really small. With my "bunch " of kale we got 5 big salads.
the second time i made this I also added goat cheese, roasted pine nuts, and some cracked pepper. to add more zing to it. It was also great left over. Kale is hard to wilt so it stays good in the fridge for a day or two and retains good crunch.
This was very good. I tried it out on my husband and sons and they even thought it was good. I am glad to have found a tasty salad made with kale that taste yummy!