Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
When you slice Brussels Sprouts thin enough, they can go in any salad--no cooking required. Make it easy on yourself and throw them into the food processor. Mix them with a little kale that you've massaged with lemon juice (to break down the toughness of the leaves) and you have a great salad for any fall dinner table.
- 1⁄2 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup shredded manchego cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- Add the kale and the lemon juice into a large bowl and massage the juice into the leaves for 2 to 3 minutes. Let the kale marinate for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing: add the olive oil, mustard, and vinegar to a mason jar or other lidded jar and shake like crazy until the dressing emulsifies. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roughly chop the kale into bite-sized pieces and add it back into the bowl. Add the Brussels Sprouts, cheese, and pecans to the kale. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss, and serve.
Turned out great even if I didn't have balsamic vinegar so used balsamic glaze. Used Kale from the garden and first time using it. Was great.