1/1 Photo of Raw Hot Chocolate - Ultra Healthy Believe It or Not !!
Tantric Yogi's Note:
Cacao beans are the raw ingredient all chocolate is made from. Containing over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, Cacao is the most complex food substance on earth. Cacaos’ abundance of natural anti-stress, anti-depressant and bliss inducing compounds, Serotonin, Tryptophan, Anandamide, Dopamine and PEA make Cacao natures answer to Prozac. These well studied neurotransmitters alleviate depression and create feelings of wellbeing. Cacao also contains MAO inhibitors which allow more of these feel good neurotransmitters to circulate in the brain for longer. Cacao beans are 500 times richer in anti-oxidants than blueberries; however it has been shown that the addition of diary produce actually blocks the body’s ability to absorb them, so ground Cacao is best mixed with non-dairy liquids for hot chocolate, smoothies or shakes. Cacao is not only great for your mood; it is good for the heart too. Cacao is rich in magnesium, the primary mineral missing when heart problems occur. Magnesium increases overall vigour of the heart muscle and decreases blood coagulation which lowers blood pressure and helps the heart pump more effectively. Hot Chocolate that really is good for you !!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cacao (beans)
- 300 ml soya milk, or
- 300 ml rice milk
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 1Grind Cacao beans, sugar and flavourings in a blender till they are as fine as you can get them.
- 2Heat milk until just about to boil and then add to blender.
- 3Blitz all the ingredients in the blender until it has a nice foamy head.
- 4Pour into large mug, add flavourings to taste and serve.
- 5Note: Make larger batches of the cacao and sugar and use as you need it makes the grinding easier, as does picking the blender up and giving it a shake.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Hot Chocolate - Ultra Healthy Believe It or Not !!
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 273.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: