Recipe by MissLinguist
I saw this recipe on a raw food lecture video. Although, I don't follow the raw food diet, I like some of the recipes. This one is good because it's dairy-free and sugar-free. I've also used kiwi in place of the berries with good results. (Prep. time doesn't includ soaking time.)
Top Review by UmmBinat
Smooth and creamy and I didn't even soak the raw almonds!! Make sure something is frozen in here or it won't be cold! I used organic bananas huge medjool dates and more water. I like how it was only lightly sweet. I would make this again with frozen bananas as I hate frozen strawberries.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, soaked in water overnight
- 2 bananas
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries or 1⁄2 cup strawberry, frozen is fine
- 1⁄2 cup water, to preferred consistency
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse almonds.
- Put all ingredients in a blender. I put them in in order, and I never have a problem with the dates getting stuck in the bottom.
- Pulse until the chunks are broken up. Then blend until smooth.
- Makes 2 servings. I eat one serving, and save the other for the following day. The banana will cause some discoloration in the saved serving, but the taste is still good.