1/4 Photos of Raw Flax-Tomato Crackers (Dehydrated)
8 hrs 25 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I bought a bag of raw crackers at my local health food store and thought, "I can make these" so I gave them a try and I think the finished product was pretty good. At least my DH thought they were.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup golden flax seed (soaked for 2 hrs. in filtered water)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, pieces (soaked for about 1/2 hour)
- 1/3 bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 paste tomatoes (raw and chopped)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (put through a garlic press)
- 1/4 cup herbs (your choice)
- salt and pepper
- paprika or cayenne, to taste
- 1Put all the ingredients except the soaked flax into a food processor.
- 2Process until well combined.
- 3Removed the mixture into a bowl and using a small hand mixer on low mix the flax seeds into the tomato mixture. You want the flax seeds in tact.
- 4Spoon the mixture onto the teflex sheets of your dehydrator and using an off set spatula spread the mixture about 1/8 inch thick to within 1 inch of the edges. You don't want it too thick or thin. Experiment with this part to your likeing. I made it too thin at first and the crackers were very brittle and hard to remove from the teflex sheet. Do this until you use up the mixture.
- 5Dehydrate for at least 8-12 hours at about 110'F.
- 6Its very dry where I live so 8 hours was enough. You should flip these over at some point as well and dry for another 8-12 hours if necessary.
- 7As you make these again and again you can change the herbs for a different taste.
- 8These would be delicious with a slice of tomato or avocado. You could also crumble them up for a nice topping over a green salad.
- 9Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Flax-Tomato Crackers (Dehydrated)
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: