Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fennel is commonly used in Mediterranean cooking.
- 3 fennel bulbs, trimmed, cored, and sliced thinly (with mandoline)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from ~1 1/2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large bunch arugula, well washed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- shaved parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese in a salad bowl and toss. Garnish with the parmesan cheese and serve.