Recipe by RaWziLLa
In the process of making this easy dessert right now. I have the base made and it is delicious. Who knew Raw could be so good!!!! Found the recipe by Alice Cohen The Raw Food Diet. Can't wait to serve it up! Prep time does not include soaking time. Edited to add- I just made this again for my DIL and found it is much prettier with chopped walnuts on top.
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dates (pitted and soaked at least one hour and up to overnite)
- 1⁄2 lemon (juiced)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine raisins and walnuts and blend until well blended and moist. (This will take a few minutes and you may see it forming a ball. Just make sure the raisins come out looking like a fudgy mixture and are not still grainy).
- In a food processor, combine dates and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting on top of the torte.
- Sprinkle on chopped walnuts (optional).
- May or may not refrigerate before serving. Firmer for cutting if refrigerated.