Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe years ago. My family insist on having this cranberry salad every Thanksgiving. I usually make it the day before Thanksgiving.
- 1 quart cranberries
- 2 -4 red apples
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) box cherry Jell-O
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- Grind cranberries and apples, mix together.
- Add orange juice, pineapple and sugar, let sit until sugar dissolves.
- Pour water over Jello, stir until dissolved, let cool.
- Add Jello to cranberry mixture. Place in refrigerator.
Wonderful recipe Calamity Jane! I used frozen cranberries and about 1 cup of orange juice with the pineapple and sugar. Next time I would use 1 cup of boiling water as my jello did not set real solid because of the frozen cranberries after they thawed a bit. Amazing flavors and this was a very nice addition to our Christmas Eve dinner at the inlaws!