Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe originally came from Food and Wine Magazine's website, but my friend, Kendra, changed it up a little bit. It is so fresh and delicious tasting.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 6 medium radishes, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, blend lime juice, Splenda, cumin.
- Add the oil to the mixture and then season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, boil corn cobs for about 5 minutes (if you'd like you can leave them raw.).
- Cut kernels off of corn cob and put in a bowl.
- Add radishes, cilantro, and dressing to the corn.
- Season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
I really enjoyed this - but you have to be a fan of tart dressings. Delicious fresh salad to go with some sandwiches.
this had so much flavor! i used the raw corn, cut fresh off the cob. it was sweet enough on its own i didn't need to add the splenda. i also reduced the oil to 2 tablespoons, and used pickled jalapenos. lots of tastes going on here to wake up your mouth!
Thanks, bojmom for a great dinner. I made this exactly as written from fresh picked corn. Awesome!