Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate and greens? Yes, chocolate and greens! This was my first experience making a "green" dessert and it did not disappoint. The cacao masks the flavor of the greens and the result is a delicious (and healthy) cheesecake-like pie. I know it sounds a bit strange but give it a try--it's really very good. For more raw green desserts visit: bellaraw.blogspot.com
- 2 cups finely ground almonds
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄3 cup Agave
- 2 tablespoons cacao or 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 tablespoon spirulina (I used a green powder with a variety of greens)
- For the crust, mix almonds and agave in a bowl then press the mixture into the bottom of a 5 inch pie tin.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Be patient; the cashews take a little extra time to fully grind. If you rush, your filling may be lumpy with pieces of cashews.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and freeze.
- Transfer to fridge about 10 minutes before serving. If the pie remains in the fridge for a while, the filling will melt and become runny.