Recipe by Red Jenny
This is not my recipe but I don't remember where I got it. Delicious, fast, and healthy. Freeze for a rich, fudgy treat or dehydrate for a more traditional cookie texture.
Top Review by Littlerunnergirl
Loved how these turned out. I used Nutiva's Cacao Nibs instead of powder. I zapped them in the blender for a finer texture but it is still more coarse than a powder. They froze up nicely. I used 2 Tbs of coconut oil and will use less next time. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder (preferably raw cacao powder)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup or 1⁄2 cup Agave or 1⁄2 cup raw honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon coconut oil, warmed slightly (or coconut butter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together.
- OPTION 1 (freezer):.
- Make tablespoon sized balls or "haystacks" (piles) on a cookie tray.
- Place in freezer 1/2 hour.
- OPTION 2 (dehydrator):.
- Make tablespoon sized balls or "haystacks" (piles) on parchment or teflex sheets.
- Dehydrate until desired texture.