1/1 Photo of Raw Chocolate Ginger & Peanut Butter Truffles
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I love these little high fiber treats and this is a spin-off of my recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/300780 I added a few different things in these truffles and the flavour and smell is wonderful. The heat from the ginger is a nice kick. Just make sure you use the fresh powdered ginger to get the flavour and the heat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons organic sunflower seeds (ground)
- 6 tablespoons organic sesame seeds (ground)
- 10 tablespoons organic cocoa nibs (ground and divided)
- 2 tablespoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (I used Z-Sweet natural sweetener)
- 3 tablespoons crunchy organic peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1Grind the sunflower seeds, sesame seeds separately. Add to your food processor. Grind the cocoa nibs up and take out 5 tablespoons These are for coating the truffles.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients and process until the dough holds together well.
- 3Transfer the dough to a bowl and roll into little balls. I found that I had to squeeze the dough a few times to get it to stick together.
- 4Roll the truffles in the reserved ground cocoa powder you made and put into the fridge for at least an hour to set up.
- 5Bon Appetit.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Chocolate Ginger & Peanut Butter Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: