Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice twist on using cauliflower. We've had this recipe in our family for many years and it's always a nice change from the normal salad. Add or subtract ingredients as you have them on hand without greatly changing the overall recipe. Preparation time does not include time for marinading in refrigerator.
- 946.36 ml raw cauliflower, broken into smallish pieces
- 158.51 ml green bell pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml pimiento, diced (you can use the jarred version)
- 236.59 ml pitted black olives, sliced
- 118.29 ml chopped onions or 118.29 ml shallot
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over salad ingredients in medium-size bowl.
- Allow to sit in refrigerator overnight or at least for a few hours.
Instead of green bell pepper I used red. I used shallots finely minced. It was my first time eating a cauliflower salad with a oil dressing. It's very yummy. Thanks CobraLimes :) Made for I Recommend tag game
I did make a bit of a change in this recipe in that I cut the oil in the marinade back to 1/3 cup! However, another time I might just use it all & also add several cups of broccoli (tip from andypandy's review)! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
DH & I thought this really good. DS found it too oily for his taste. I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for a new way to get our raw veggies in, CobraLimes! Made & enjoyed for Fall 2009 PAC-O.