Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
vegan friendly, gluten free, dairy free healthy alternative to your regular cheesecake ...It might even taste better than regular cheesecake. It came from a friend who made it for my birthday one year, I believe she found it on a food blog.
- 1⁄2 cup raw almonds
- 1⁄2 cup soft medjool dates
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw cashews
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup raw coconut oil
- 1⁄3 cup raw honey or 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- place raw cashews into bowl, fill with water and let soak 5 hours.
- chop almonds finely.
- add almonds, dates and salt to the food processor and chop until it is a workable paste (you should be able to roll it in your hands and have it stick together).
- using a 7 " spring form pan, spread the date/almond mixture onto the bottom to form the crust.
- melt honey or nectar with coconut oil, whisk to combine.
- drain cashews.
- add cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil and honey together in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Be patient, this takes a while.
- once smooth, pour approx 2/3 of the mixture into the cake pan
- add raspberries to the remaining mixture and blend.
- pour raspberry mixture into the pan
- place in freezer until solid.
- remove from freeze 30 min prior to serving.
- garnish with raspberries.
- optional: try this recipe with different fruits and berries. I have tried blueberries and strawberries.