Recipe by jsewards01
This cheese is soft and creamy. Great for dipping and spreading. Try it with raw veggies or with my Raw Unbaked Flax Raisin Crackers.
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 teaspoons unpasteurized miso
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cashews for 4-12 hours. Drain, rinse, and drain again.
- In food processor, combine drained cashews, miso, and just enough filtered water to cover them. Pulse mixture until small chunks form (do not blend smooth). Texture should be like cottage cheese.
- Pour mixture into 1-quart canning jar and cover with cheese cloth and rubber band. Place jar in warm location (above fridge, near warm stove, in dehydrator set at 90 degrees) for 6-12 hours (no longer to prevent rancid).
- Drain liquid off through cheese cloth and put mixture through juicer using blank or collect both "liquid" and "pulp."
- In food processor, combine juiced mixture with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Add a few tablespoons filtered water for smoother cheese.
- Keep refrigerated.