Recipe by peachy_pie
A nutritional powerhouse of a recipe, although high in calories, so consume as a treat. From You Are What You Eat. Will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.
- 300 g pitted dates
- 200 g raisins, soaked
- 4 tablespoons carob powder
- 500 g brazil nuts, soaked overnight in cold water
- 100 g ground flax seeds
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 125 g chopped walnuts
- 125 g whole walnuts
- 1 dash sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, process the dates, raisins, carob, brazil nuts and 500ml water until you have a smooth paste.
- Mix through seeds and walnuts.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a 10 x 20cm baking tray lined with cling film.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and then freeze for 1 hour.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve.