Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthful, raw and flavorful - a good accompaniment to any Asian meal
Make and share this Raw Cabbage Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 napa cabbage (or just green cabbage)
- 1 bunch scallion
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin sticks
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup tamari or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
- black sesame seed, toasted for garnish (optional)
- Slice cabbage into thin ribbons and place in a large bowl.
- Slice carrots into thin sticks and place with the cabbage (I like to cut the carrot into 4 sections, cut each section in half, and then turn upside down and slice thinly).
- Chop scallions and place with the cabbage and carrots.
- Combine the tamari, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl (this is the dressing).
- Pour dressing gradually over the salad while mixing - I like it better lightly dressed, and reserve some for those who like extra dressing!
- Add chopped cilantro and sesame seeds and mix again.
- This salad gets better as it sits!
This was very salty. We added 3-4 tablespoons of agave nectar and that softened some of the salty taste and made it much better. It's a healthy recipe, but if I make it again, I will definitely add some agave or honey to the recipe and possibly cut back on the soy sauce.