Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a recipe shared with me by a friend -- she said it came from Ani Phyo. Cook time is actually dehydrator time!
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄3 cup whole flax seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced (organic if you can find it)
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, chopped (organic if you can find it)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup sunflower seeds (raw or organic if you can find it... de-shelled)
- 1⁄4 cup black sesame seed
- Mix ground and whole flax seeds, salt, garlic, onion, and water.
- Then -- Add sunflower and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread batter evenly on one dehydrator tray. Dry at 104 degrees F for 4 hours. Flip and score into nine slices to make it easy to break in straight lines. Dehydrate another hour before serving.
- OR you can put it out in the sun for 3 hours, score it, flip it and let it go another 2-3 hours -- .
I really wanted to like this recipe because of all the healthy ingredients but it did not come together for me. Since I don't have a dehydrator, I put it in the hot Florida sun on my balcony. It took a day per side to get dry but never really crispy. The taste was ok, even though I think the onions made it somewhat bitter. I do think a dehydrator would have made a difference. Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2012.