Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this on the Food Network a few years ago, and love it. It turns out pink (beets + Stilton). It's part of Christmas menu this year and I've taken to many a potluck. Friends have enjoyed this for not knowing it contains raw beets, which are not really sweet. :) I'm posting here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, halves
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 raw beet, peeled, coarsely, grated
- 1 fuji apple (or any other hard apple)
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, grated
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, stem removed, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour maple syrup into a small bowl. Toss nuts in syrup, remove with a slotted spoon, and bake on aluminum foil or a cookie sheet for approximately 10 minutes, or until nuts are roasted and syrup solidifies around nuts.
- In a large bowl, add beet, apple, fennel, mint, salt and pepper. Toss. Add oil and vinegar, Stilton and nuts. Toss and serve immediately.
With one exception (I only used a rounded 1/4 cup), I followed this recipe right on down & really enjoyed the combo of maple coated nuts, beet & FUJI apple (love the flavor of those apples)! I also really like beets, but this is one of the first recipes I made using them raw ~ Definitely a recipe I'll be making again! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs at the tail end of the current PAC]