Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream or 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 bunch beet, about 3/4 pound,trimmed and peeled
- 1 sweet and crisp apple (such as a Fuji)
- 2 tablespoons sultana raisins
- 1 tablespoon toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, mustard and vinegar.
- Set aside.
- Grate beets by hand using the second-largest hole on a 4 sided grater or using the grating attachment on a food processor.
- Put in a mixing bowl.
- Core apple but do not peel.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and add to beets.
- Add raisins, hazelnuts and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream dressing and mix well.
- Taste for seasoning and serve over watercress.
Different, delightful low cal salad. Very tasty & crunchy. I served this as a side dish with baked scallops and dilled carrots and new potatoes- No complaints, except from me getting the beet juice off my hands. Another winner Dancer. What I love is that no-one would guess it is Low calorie! Thanks