Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Remove the skin of bananas and chop into thick pieces.
- Add salt and boil till soft.
- Fry mustard, chana dal, green chillies and asafoetida.
- Add banana pieces.
- Put turmeric, chilli powder and curry leaves and fry on low flame.
- Dissolve jaggery in tamarind juice and add to the cooked bananas.
- Remove when thick.
Just tried this out today. Did come out well. In addition to the given instructions for the recipe, I roasted a tsp of corriander seeds and few red chillies in very little oil, powdered it & added to the cooked raw banana to make the dish slightly more spicy.
I too omitted the jaggery, but otherwise the recipe was very good and went well with plain rice.
this was very good. i omitted the jaggery but otherwise followed the recipe. i paired this with khichdi and it was a a delicious lowfat and low-cal meal.