Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sara Moulton/Associated Press. Almonds, walnuts or pine nuts can replace the pistachios if you wish.
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (I tried Meyer lemon)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, tough stems trimmed and discarded (peeled if thicker than 1/3 inch)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley (aka Italian parsley)
- 4 ounces firm white button mushrooms, thinly sliced (I used brown mushrooms instead as I prefer them)
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios (or chopped toasted walnuts, pine nuts, almonds)
- 1 ounce shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a large bowl, combine a hefty pinch of salt, some black pepper and the lemon juice. Whisk until the salt is dissolved, then add the oil in a stream, whisking. Set aside.
- Lay the asparagus flat on a cutting board and slice a few stalks at a time very thin on a diagonal to create thin oblong slices. Add to the salad bowl along with the parsley, mushrooms and nuts. Toss well to coat with the dressing.
- Divide the salad among salad plates and top each portion with some of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.