1/4 Photos of Raw Apple Crumble (No Bake)
Sam #3's Note:
From March 7th's Ottawa Citizen. The woman featured is a vegan who promotes raw living (raw living consists of no food being cooked at temperatures higher than 46C (115F). She (and many studies) claim food is healthier this was and retains more nutrients. Well I don't know about the claims, but this sure sounds good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make filling, in a food processor, place 2 apples with raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg, process until smooth.
- 2In a bowl place remaining chopped apples and toss with lemon juice.
- 3Pour pureed filling mixture over top, mix well.
- 4Spoon apple mixture into a med sized lasagna pan and set aside.
- 5For crumble, in a food processor, pulse walnuts, dates, cinnamon and salt until coarsely ground.
- 6Do not over mix.
- 7Crumble the mixture over the apples with your hands and press lightly.
- 8Serve immediately or let marinate for a few hours for extra flavor.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Apple Crumble (No Bake)
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g