Recipe by carolinafan
A favorite at my house around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, but we enjoy it anytime. One reviewer suggested the title was misleading because the apples are actually baked in the cake. This is what my mother called the cake and what I have always called it so I will let the recipe title stand as it is.
Top Review by Libra007
I can't believe how many people are obsessed with a recipe name, Raw Apple cakes have been around a very LONG time, the name simply states that raw apples are put into the batter instead of cooked, get over it already. By the way not matter what you call it it is truly one of the best cakes ever, after all a rose by any other name ...
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together eggs, oil and sugar in large bowl.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to eggs, oil and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla, apples and nuts.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan 1 hour at 350 degrees or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.