Recipe by MichiganVeggie
This is a raw recipe from Natural Health Magazine. It's an alternative to pasta and has been a hit with friends and family who aren't raw foodists or vegetarians.
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled
- 1 medium zebra green tomato, seeded and chopped
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 ml sea salt
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 14.79 ml raw pine nuts (to garnish)
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- 473.18 ml packed fresh basil leaves
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml pine nuts (preferably raw)
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a vegetable peeler or a spiral vegetable slicer, slice the outer zucchini flesh into lenthwise strips, discaring any seeds.
- Stack the strips and then slice them into thinner "noodles".
- Place the zucchini noodles in a medium bowl and add chopped tomato, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Place all pesto ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, with just a few nuts visible for texture.
- Gently toss the zucchini and tomato mixture with just enough pesto to coat.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with pine nuts and basil leaves and serve.