- 500 g ripe mangoes, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon methi seeds
- 2 tejpatta
- 2 dried red chilies, each broken into half
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 500 g jaggery (or same amount of sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in karaahi, add methi, dried red chilly, tejpatta, saunf and mango slices.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add jaggery and let the ripe mango cook with it on slow flame for 20- 25 minutes.
- Leave a little jaggery syrup remaining with the cooked mango.
- Serve as an accompaniment to snacks or rice- daal.