Recipe by Shabby Sign Shoppe
A neighbor made this for us one night and I had to have the recipe!
Top Review by * Pamela *
Great recipe! I baked my own french bread with recipe#81211 and used that. I also used meat ravioli instead of cheese and I left out the green pepper as I didn't have any left(next time I'll add it!)I used mozzarella for the topping as well as I was out of parmesan too :) I do once a month cooking and I'm nearing the end of my month! lol! I will be making this again as my oldest daughter had three helpings!! I baked this in an oval baking dish and posted a pic here for all to see! Thanks for posting!
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (25 ounce) packagefrozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (The original recipe calls for the water, but it is better left out.) (optional)
- 12 French baguettes, slices
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Chop pepper and onion.
- Heat olive oil in pot ravioli boiled in; add veggies and saute until tender.
- Stir in spagetti sauce, ravioli and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Melt butter in a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Dip bread slices in butter.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Remove from casserole.
- Spoon half the ravioli mixture in bottom of buttered casserole.
- Top with half the mozarella Add rest of ravioli on top of the cheese and then remaining mozzarella.
- Arrange bread slices around the edge of the casserole overlapping and press lightly into the ravioli mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake uncovered, until ravioli is heated through and bread is crisp.