1/3 Photos of Ravioli & Zucchini Lasagna
Found this on MSN when they did a daily special on zucchini recipes. Since my garden overfloweth with squash about this time of year I saved it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 pound total)
- 1 (26 ounce) package cheese ravioli (frozen large)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces lean ground beef (90% fat free)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup 2% mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup lowfat parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Line cookie sheet with paper towels. Grease 2-quart ceramic baking dish.
- 2Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat. Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes. With tongs or slotted spoon, remove zucchini to prepared cookie sheet to drain. Return water to boiling. Add ravioli and cook until ravioli rise to the top.
- 3Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned; transfer to small bowl. In same saucepan, in remaining 1 teaspoon oil, cook beef over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, breaking up beef with side of spoon. Stir in tomato sauce and onion; heat to boiling.
- 4Drain ravioli; return to saucepot. Add meat sauce to ravioli in saucepot and stir until combined.
- 5In prepared baking dish, arrange half of zucchini; top with half of ravioli, then half of mozzarella and half of Parmesan. Repeat layering all ingredients. Bake 20 minutes or until hot in the center and golden and bubbly on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli & Zucchini Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 32.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato and basil pasta sauce
2% mozzarella cheese
lowfat parmesan cheese