Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Bon Appetit, and it's an old standby at our house when we've been rushing around and don't have much time to prepare a meal. I usually jazz this up by adding some crushed red pepper. The recipe serves 4, but I have doubled it with no problem. It's great for a vegetarian meal and/or for those who need to use up their bumper crop of tomatoes. Note: Cook time does not include cooking the ravioli.
- 9 ounces purchased four-cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped (red/yellow, and/or orange)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heave large skillet over medium-high.
- Add minced garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer until juicy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream and tarragon and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2-4 minutes, make sure to stir frequently.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to your taste and spoon over cooked ravioli.
- All you need is a green salad and a loaf of hot crusty bread and your set.