Recipe by mama smurf
Use the pasta that steams in microwave to avoid the step of bringing a large pot of water to a boil before cooking. I have made this though with fresh ravioli from the dairy case. Cooking time will vary on the type of ravioli you purchase and use. Found in the Weight Watchers magazine.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagefrozen steam-in-eat small cheese ravioli (such as Rosetto)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebaby portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto (such as Classico)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shaved fresh asiago cheese
- basil leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ravioli in microwave according to package directions.
- While ravioli cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and onions; saute 3-4 minutes or until richly browned. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add to pan, stirring well. Cook over medium-low heat a 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Divide cooked ravioli evenly amount 4 shallow bowls or plates; spoon mushroom mixture evenly over ravioli. Sprinkle cheese evenly over each serving; garnish with basil, if desired.