Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. I think the sauce could be made ahead of time and frozen.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 9 ounces fresh cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to color, 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, sherry, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until carrots are tender, 15-20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree carrot mixture with broth, in batches if nedessary, until fairly smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- In a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Drain. Return to pan and toss with remaining butter.
- To serve, reheat carrot puree if necessary. Spoon over warm ravioli. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.