Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cheese Ravioli is my favorite Italian pasta, so this is my all time favorite recipe. It's great with a green salad and some fresh Italian Bread.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lb cheese ravioli, fresh or frozen
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives or 3 tablespoons scallion tops
- parmesan cheese
- Combine the cream and rosemary in a sucepan.
- Bring to a boil, redue the heat and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Cook the ravioli in boiling, salted water until done, 6 to 7 minutes for the fresh and 8 or 9 minutes for the frozen.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Strain the cream sauce into the pan.
- Squeeze 2 tsp.
- juice from the lemon and add to the pasta along with the salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with the chives and parmesan cheese.
This made for a nice, quick, easy lunch. The cream sauce had just the right amount of rosemary flavoring. I used scallion tops, but next time would definitely go for the chives. Although I love scallions, I thought they detracted from the subtle flavors of the dish. Thanks for a nice lunch.
There are a couple of things I will do different next time. I will use fresh rosemary and make my own raviol. This was a very tasty dish, especially considering it involved very little time or effort. It's a keeper! :)