Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Real Simple (April 2005). While the recipe says it serves four, this seems like a lot of pasta. I haven't made it yet but I plan to try it with 1/2 as much pasta.
- 4 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly and finely grated (divided)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb cheese ravioli (preferably fresh)
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place the zucchini in a large baking dish in a single layer and drizzle with oil, chili flakes, and 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan; add pepper and ½ teaspoon of the salt.
- Add the garlic and roast for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, until tender and just golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add the ravioli and the remaining salt to the boiling water.
- Return to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent the ravioli from sticking.
- Cook the ravioli for 3 minutes after they begin to float.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Toss gently with the roasted zucchini, half the parsley, and half the remaining Parmesan.
- Serve immediately with the remaining parsley and Parmesan.