Recipe by little_wing
Red bell peppers are expensive where I live, so this is a complete indulgence, but so worth it every now and then.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb meat ravioli
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil until soft but not brown.
- Add bell peppers, broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes or until peppers are very soft.
- Using a blender, food processor or immersion blender, puree pepper mixture until smooth.
- Strain sauce to remove skins.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Drain and top with sauce and cheese.