Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheese ravioli's with a spicy-sweet sauce
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree
- 354.88 ml chicken broth or 354.88 ml vegetable broth
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 850.48 g bag cheese ravioli
- 59.14 ml low-fat sour cream
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- Bring a large sauce pan of water to boil.
- In another saucepan, stir together pumpkin, broth, sugar, butter, garlic powder, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer pumpkin mixture over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated, about 10 minutes.
- Add ravioli to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Drain ravioli and set aside.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from heat and stir in sour cream if desired.
- Spoon ravioli on plates, top with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.
I did not like it. For some reason, I was expecting a lighter sauce. Could have been operator error, however, I will not try again to see if it was.
This is delicious! I added a little sage, salt and pepper to the sauce; this will become a staple fall dinner :)
Great for a cool fall dinner. Very rich and creamy. Tastes like a fancy, expensive meal. Perhaps use a little less sugar. I added a little pumpkin spice to enhance the flavor. Great comfort food! I'd imagine a splash of liquor, brandy, etc. might taste great in this recipe too. Very easy. Very quick.