Recipe by Malriah
A few weeks ago there was a post on the message boards asking "Of all of your creations, what recipe are you the most proud of?" I want to change my answer to this one!! I had a moment of brillance last night when I started dinner and this recipe is the end result. I really enjoyed eating this and felt like I had created a very simple but extremely tasty dinner. I hope whomever decides to try it enjoys it as much as we did!!
Top Review by jennyblender
This is great! I subbed 3T of the butter with olive oil because I felt too guilty. It was mild flavored but subtle and yummy! I bet if you wanted to add another layer of flavor you could throw in some gorgonzola too! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 2 lbs meat ravioli or 2 lbs cheese ravioli, fresh or frozen (I use meat)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage (do not use dried!)
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium to medium/high heat.
- Add prosciutto and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped roma tomatoes and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add chopped sage and pepper.
- Add your ravioli to the boiling water.
- Add heavy cream to your tomato/prosciutto mixture and stir well.
- Bring just to a boil and lower heat to a high simmer.
- As ravioli begin to float, scoop them out of the pot and add to the skillet with the sauce mix.
- Add cheese and gently toss to coat.
- Serve with a green salad and garlic breadsticks.