Recipe by sexymommalucas
Recipe from Family Circle. For a more filling meal, add shreaded chicken or shrimp.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (9 ounce) packageslight four-cheese ravioli
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to skillet and cook 3 minutes. Add red pepper, broccoli and 1/3 cup water to skillet, cover and cook 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove lid and cook another 1 minute or until water has evaporated. Using tongs, remove 1 cup of broccoli from skillet and set aside. Remove skillet from heat and cover.
- In a food processor, combine reserved broccoli, spinach, pine nuts, Parmesan, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Pulse until blended and smooth; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup water, and return the pasta to the pot. Stir the mushroom mixture into the pasta pot with 1/2 cup pesto, adding the reserved pasta water if necessary to thin the sauce. Refrigerate unused sauce for up to 1 week.