Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
Simple. Quick. GOOOOD.
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) package cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2-1 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch fleur de sel (or sel gris-grey salt)
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, leaving them al dente.
- Melt butter over medium heat. If using dried sage, add it now. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are cooked down and butter is brown, but not burned. If the mushrooms have soaked up all the butter, add in another 1-2 tablespoons of butter and cook until browned.
- Drain ravioli and reserve a bit of the starchy cooking water.
- Toss in cooked ravioli and fresh sage. Add 1 T- 1/4 c cooking water. Turn pasta, mushrooms and sauce onto serving plates and top each with a couple of grinds of black pepper and a pinch of sel gris.
Congrats! Your recipe & photo are featured on our homepage as Recipe of the Day! (6-13-11)
Delicious! Although I wish I had fresh sage, I still thoroughly enjoyed this dish. I used 4 cheese ravioli with herbs and baby cremini mushrooms. My husband thought that it's a bit greasy but I liked it a lot. From beginning to end, this recipe only took 10 minutes!!! Made for Holiday tag. Thanks under12parsecs! :)
Very good. I used a mix of mushrooms did need extra butter but I added olive oil. I did heat the butter to almost brown before adding the mushrooms.
Thanks. Made for ZWT 2011